UBB.Sitemaps · Script
About the Addon
• Requirements: UBB.threads 7.x (not compatible with UBB.threads 6.x or below)
• Current Version: 20191222
• License Information: This script requires a license; by purchasing a license you're granted usage on 1 (one) UBB.threads installation. Any additional installations require an additional license. Updates are available for 1 year after initial purchase; after this timeframe, to aid in development costs, you must renew your access to updates (see the purchase link below for further information).
• Pricing: $80 (Purchase Here)
• Documentation: Screen captures and a full changelog can be obtained on the UBB.Wiki entry UBB.Sitemaps.
• Support: Support is available on the UBB.Dev thread [7.x] UBB.Sitemaps.
UBB.Sitemaps is a script that we created due to some reported search engine "discovery" issues with the way that URLs where initially written in the UBB.threads product that some users where reporting. Not to mention that a lot of users had moved from previous or competing products and wanted to see their URLs immediately discovered in the Google, Bing, Yahoo, or other search engine(s).
This script aids in the "discovery" portion of search engine crawling; instead of waiting and hoping that your URL's get crawled, an XML Sitemap alerts Google (or any crawlers which allow sitemaps) as to what URLs exist on your forums, so they know what to crawl based on what you tell them.
Most search engines will take your feed once a week or so and run it through to determine new URLs, on a Google Webmaster Tools account, you can browse exactly how many URLs have been included, as well as when the last time they have hit your site.
Please note however, that Google will still crawl your site and try to perform its own discovery, so please do not use a robots.txt entry to block it (as it must be able to crawl the content provided in the sitemap in order to populate your entries).
The configuration options allow you to specify which type of sitemap you wish to use and whether you wish to plugin threaded or flat view. The sitemap type and view type can both be set either by hard coding the appropriate variable or via a URL string.
• $80 - Sitemap Script (Per install; as this is a licensed script, each unique install requires a separate license. Includes 1 year of updates (365 days))
• $30 - Script Installation Services
• $80 - Additional Year of Updates.
How to Buy:
You can purchase this script, install services, or renew your updates by clicking the order button below.
Note · Notice
This script is not freeware, it requires a license; by purchasing a license you're granted usage on 1 (one) UBB.threads installation. Any additional installations require an additional license. Updates are available for 1 year after initial purchase; after this timeframe, to aid in development costs, you must renew your access to updates (see the purchase link above for further information). You cannot freely provide this script to others without written permission from the author.
Posted on January 14, 2017 · Updated on November 19, 2021